The two rays denote Blood and Water

Inspirational Quotes From Our Lord to Saint Faustina and Other Divine Mercy Devotions.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

josephw
Prayer Warrior

The two rays denote Blood and Water

Post by josephw » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:25 am

The two rays denote Blood and Water. The pale ray stands for the Water which makes souls righteous. The red ray stands for the Blood which is the life of souls…

These two rays issued forth from the very depths of My tender mercy when My agonized Heart was opened by a lance on the Cross.

These rays shield souls from the wrath of My Father. Happy is the one who will dwell in their shelter, for the just hand of God shall not lay hold of him. I desire that the first Sunday after Easter be the Feast of Mercy.

Diary of St. Maria Faustina Kowalska, 299
Jesus i trust in you
Josephw
Our Lord said: "The prayer that pleases me most is for the conversion of sinners. This prayer is always answered" (Diary, 1397).

KarlB
Saint Finder

Post by KarlB » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:40 pm

primary colours.. of life. This image is prominent even in the FSSP parish in Vancouver.. as well as my local parish. I note this only in that the (Latin Sacrament) FSSP is amongst the most orthodox and traditional of all Catholic Orders.. and given the initial reluctance by conservatives to accept St. Faustina as an authentic visionary.. that is certainly a sign of the influential position she has assumed in the modern Church.
pax lux,
karl

Remember that thou hast made me of clay; and wilt thou turn me to dust again? Job10:9

josephw
Prayer Warrior

? a Dr.

Post by josephw » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:04 pm

Karl

I think she will be made a Dr. of the church.
can you imagine a person with very limited education bcoming a Dr.

Jesus i trust in you
josephw
Our Lord said: "The prayer that pleases me most is for the conversion of sinners. This prayer is always answered" (Diary, 1397).

josephw
Prayer Warrior

Proclaim

Post by josephw » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Proclaim that mercy is the greatest attribute of God. All the works of My hands are crowned with mercy.

Diary of St. Maria Faustina Kowalska, 301
Jesus i trust in you
josephw

KarlB
Saint Finder

Re: ? a Dr.

Post by KarlB » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:56 pm

josephw wrote:Karl

I think she will be made a Dr. of the church.
can you imagine a person with very limited education bcoming a Dr.
I've come to think of that as inevitable, Joe... no other cleric in the 20th Century has developed such a widespread devotional following.

Doctors of the Church are not always intellectuals and scholars. St. Therese of Lisieux was someone of limited academic background.. the criteria is the power and clarity of the revelation. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Of course it can take centuries for a Doctor to be named.. but i think i've already heard senior prelates mention her as a worthy candidate. :)
pax lux,
karl

Remember that thou hast made me of clay; and wilt thou turn me to dust again? Job10:9