I give you eternal lov

Inspirational Quotes From Our Lord to Saint Faustina and Other Divine Mercy Devotions.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

josephw
Prayer Warrior

I give you eternal lov

Post by josephw » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:02 am

I give you eternal love that your purity may be untarnished and as a sign that you will never be subject to temptations against purity. Jesus took off His golden cincture and tied it around my waist.
Since then I have never experienced any attacks against this virtue, either in my heart or in my mind. I later understood that this was one of the greatest graces which the Most Holy Virgin Mary had obtained for me, as for many years I had been asking this grace of Her. Since that time I have experienced an increasing devotion to the Mother of God. She has taught me how to love God interiorly and also how to carry out His holy will in all things, O Mary, You are joy, because through You God descended to earth [and] into my heart.
Diary of St. Maria Faustina Kowalska, 40
Jesus i trust in you
josephw
Our Lord said: "The prayer that pleases me most is for the conversion of sinners. This prayer is always answered" (Diary, 1397).

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:36 am

This immediately brought to mind the St. Joseph Cincture, or Cord, one of the Sacramentals that I used to give away; some of you may remember. Anyway, here is the information on the cord.

The Cincture, or Cord, of St. Joseph dates back to 1657, when an Augustinian nun in Antwerp, Belgium enjoyed a miraculous cure from a long and serious illness after beginning to wear a cincture in honor of St. Joseph. The devotion of wearing this cincture spread, and soon became associated with the Archconfraternity of St. Joseph, whose headquarters were (?) at the Church of San Rocco in Rome. The American "branch" of this Archconfraternity, by decree of Pope Leo XIII in 1892, is at St. Joseph's Church in De Pere, Wisconsin, which is now staffed by the Norbertines. In order to gain the indulgences attached to the wearing of St. Joseph's Cord, one must be attached to this Archconfraternity of St. Joseph.
Otherwise, and as is more common, one may wear the Cord simply in honor of St. Joseph and for the following graces:

St. Joseph's special protection
The grace of chastity
Final perseverance
St. Joseph's particular assistance at the hour of death

Young people, especially, would benefit from St. Joseph's Cincture! We need to be reminded of the importance of chastity, especially now, when sexual decadence is all around us.

The Cord itself is simply a white cord of thread or cotton, knotted in 7 places -- one knot for each of the 7 Sorrows of St. Joseph and their related Joys, they being:

The doubt of Saint Joseph (Matthew 1:19) and the Message of the Angel (Matthew 1:20)
The poverty of Jesus' birth (Luke 2:7) and the Birth itself (Luke 2:7)
The Circumcision (Luke 2:21) and the Holy Name of Jesus (Matthew 1:25)
The prophecy of Simeon that many would be lost (Luke 2:34) and his prophecy that many would rise (Luke 2:34)
The flight into Egypt (Matthew 2:14) and the Overthrow of idols (Isaias 19:1
The return from Egypt (Matthew 2:22) and Life with Mary and Jesus (Luke 2:39)
The loss of the Child Jesus (Luke 2:45) and Finding Jesus in the Temple (Luke 2:46)

When you get or make your Cord, it must be blessed by a priest , and then worn around the waist. One who wears the St. Joseph's Cord is to daily say a Gloria on each of the 7 knots, in honor of and while meditating on each of the 7 Sorrows of St. Joseph, and a prayer to St. Joseph for purity. These prayers are:

Gloria

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Latin Version:
Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto. Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper, et in saecula saeculorum. Amen.

Prayer to St. Joseph for Purity

Guardian of virgins, and holy father Joseph, to whose faithful custody Christ Jesus, Innocence itself, and Mary, Virgin of virgins, were committed; I pray and beseech thee, by these dear pledges, Jesus and Mary, that, being preserved from all uncleanness, I may with spotless mind, pure heart, and chaste body, ever serve Jesus and Mary most chastely all the days of my life. Amen.

Latin version:
Virginum custos et pater, sancte Ioseph, cuius fideli custodiae ipsa Innocentia Christus Iesus et Virgo virginum Maria commissa fuit; te per hoc utrumque carissimum pignus Iesum et Mariam obsecro et obtestor, ut me, ab omni immunditia praeservatum, mente incontaminata, puro corde et casto corpore Iesu et Mariae semper facias castissime famulari. Amen.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:23 pm

Denise, thank you for sharing this about the cord. I see a connection between this and the posts you've been making on addiction to trash. I know someone who might benefit from this cord, if he'd be willing to try.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica