another newbie hello post

If you are a new member, please feel free to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

GinaB

another newbie hello post

Post by GinaB » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:57 pm

Hello. My name is Gina. I'm 42, married to husband Elmer, and have a 2 year old son, Russell. I found the link to this forum while perusing online information for St. William the Confessor, Greenville, TX. My family is currently at a crossroads as we pray for where we go next in our spiritual journey. I was born and raised as an Episcopalian. In 1991 I chose to leave the Episcopal Church to join (help found in Athens) a parish within the Anglican Church in America (a member of the Traditional Anglican Communion) as I just could no longer agree with the "modern" teachings of the Episcopal Church. My husband had basically no religious background before meeting me. He was baptized but beyond that had no ties to any formal teachings and belonged to no church. After meeting me he began attending church regularly and was confirmed in the Anglican Church. The Traditional Anglican Communion is orthodox and solidly traditional in its teaching and practice. Unfortunately there are not many parishes near so attending is difficult. We've moved to Lone Oak and it is 65 miles to our home parish in Athens and that distance or further to the parishes in the DFW metroplex. So, here we are struggling with what to do. I do not want to return to the Episcopal Church as I haven't become liberal enough in the past the 15 years to agree with the many of their teachings. We are considering the Roman Catholic Church because of the traditional beliefs/teachings. I have some questions and have been lurking in the Called to be Catholic area as well as just checking out the boards in general. I will post some of my initial questions/concerns in the Called to be Catholic area later.

johnmc

Post by johnmc » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:24 pm

Welcome, Gina and your family. I hope this site will lead you to your spirtual journey home-- the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.

John

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:52 pm

Hi Gina, we are very happy to have you and I pray we will be able to answer any question you may have. My husband was raised Episcopal and when he met me he realized that there was something missing in his church and became Catholic. It was Our Lady and the Rosary that led him home to Rome.

Blessings
Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:54 pm

welcome to the forum Gina, great to have you aboard :D

God bless you
marie
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

GinaB

Post by GinaB » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:28 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcomes, your continued prayers and support.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:59 pm

you're very welcome gina,
enjoy your stay

God bless you
marie
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 pm

Welcome Gina! I have been Catholic now for almost ten years! It is an amazing thing to be a member of the church that Jesus gave to us! I am confident that you will find your journey home as I did. Denise is right, our Lady was my companion on my journey home too. God bless you and don't be afraid to ask questions. If we don't know,we'll find out for you.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

CameronA

Post by CameronA » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:40 am

Hi Gina, Welcome to the forum. You wont get a better one as this. Ive been surfing the net for quite a while and have found this site. Its wonderful and with just as wonderful people.
Again welcome mate. Cameron

Lori

Post by Lori » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:28 pm

Welcome Gina. I nearly fainted when you said you were Gina from Lone Oak. One of my best friends is Gina from Lone Oak. She lives right off 69 on 513.

I have some really great friends at St. William's who are former Anglicans. I would love for you to meet them.

This is a weird question. Have you seen the movie "A Man for All Seasons" starring Paul Scofield? My reason for asking is that there is no "good" reason not to come back home where all christians belong. You would love St. William's. It is just such a great parish. I am looking forward to seeing you soon. I will pray for you and your family's journey back home.

God bless you,

Lori

GinaB

Post by GinaB » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:25 pm

Lori,

Interesting about your friend having the same name and near location...I live just off 513 a mile or so from 69. I guess she & I are neighbors and don't know it? I lived here over 20 yrs ago and moved back less than 2 yrs ago.

I've not see the movie you mention but will look into it.