Greetings!

If you are a new member, please feel free to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

Greetings!

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:19 pm

Hello: :)

I am a new member of the Forum, a native of Sacramento, California, married with one daughter and we live close to the American River with one dog, two cats, and all the wild critters we can feed.

My wife and I converted to Catholicism in 2003 and our home parish is St. Stephen the First Martyr, a traditional Latin Mass parish of the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter.

My work is as a consultant to grassroots nonprofit organizations and I serve as senior policy director for the American River Parkway Preservation Society and as President for the LampStand Foundation (our apostolate), two nonprofit organizations I founded.

I look forward to being involved with the Forum.

Take care.

DavidL

David H. Lukenbill, President
The LampStand Foundation
It takes a reformed criminal to reform criminals.
Post Office Box 254794
Sacramento, CA 95865-4794
Phone: 916-486-3856
Email: Dlukenbill@msn.com
Weblog: http://lampstandblog.blogspot.com/

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:10 pm

Welcome to Semper Fi Catholic, David, you're gonna love it here! :D It truly sounds like our Lord has blessed you in many ways.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:40 pm

Hi David, glad to have you. We hope you will feel at home here.

Blessings
Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:51 am

welcome to the forum, David.

God bless
marie
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:30 am

Welcome to the Forum! I took a look at your site, what a coincidence! I am teaching Social Justice to seniors in high school right now. There's a student taking a makeup test as we speak, actually........

-KJS

Lori

Post by Lori » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:33 am

Welcome David to the forum. Since you are "green" and catholic please add my brother Joey Racano of Orange County to your list of people to pray for. He is a wonderful protector of the environment but has not reembraced the catholicism of his youth. David, can you hear that Disney classic singing, "Its a small world after all..."

God bless you and welcome again to the forum,

Lori

Welcome Thanks

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:00 pm

Thank you all for the wonderful welcome!

Lori, I'm probably not as green as you think, I actually love the suburbs, but will pray your brother Joey returns home to Rome.

Kevin, social justice is the subject which began my journey into the Church. I hosted a year long discussion group on it and learned enough to enter RCIA.

Marie, thank you very much.

Denise, thank you and I am feeling right at home.

Johnna, thank you and yes, we have been blessed very much, especially in finding the Church.

Take care all.

David