How cool is this!!

If you are a new member, please feel free to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:25 am

August 9th

Feast of St. Romanus, Martyr (d. 258 A.D.)
Note: St. Romanus was a Roman soldier/prison guard who was converted by one of his prisoners - St. Lawrence - and was martyred the day before St. Lawrence was.

August 9th is the Feast Day of St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, who was martyred on that day in 1942 in the Auschwitz concentration camp.
:wink:

Lori

Post by Lori » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:49 am

Pam,

I am sorry about the passing of your dad. I just returned from Lourdes this morning. While I was there I did a proxy bath for all of the members of Semperfi and their intentions. Our priest/chaplain also offered all of the Masses he celebrated in Lourdes for our intentions. Your father and all the intentions of all of semperfi have been well prayed for.

God bless you and I can't wait to give you a hug in person at Saint William's,

Lori

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:00 am

pam,
condolences on the passing of your father. Its sooo sad to lose a loved one. May God in His mercy, grant comfort and strength to you and your family.
May he and the souls of the faithfully departed rest in peace.
marie
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:03 am

Lori wrote:I just returned from Lourdes this morning. While I was there I did a proxy bath for all of the members of Semperfi and their intentions. Our priest/chaplain also offered all of the Masses he celebrated in Lourdes for our intentions. Your father and all the intentions of all of semperfi have been well prayed for.
Lori
Lori thank you sooo much for including us in your prayers while u were in Lourdes.
God bless you
marie

Lori

Post by Lori » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:10 am

Marie,

You are very welcome indeed. I had a sort of revelation while in Lourdes. I was praying the Stations of the Cross which is actually a physically challenging "course." It is uphill all the way until the Crucifixion. Then it is downhill from there. I don't mean the course is slightly up hill. I mean you are sweating and your thighs are burning all the way up.

Anyway at the First Fall I could actually reach over the wall and touch the hand of the larger than lifesize Jesus that had been carved in bronze at the turn of the 20th century. As I looked at Jesus I realized that we were all here to help carry each other's crosses "just a little bit" like Simon, the Cyrene. So each time we pray for others, offer Mass intentions, do penance for others because they won't, we are being enlisted like Simon to help carry someone else's cross with them. Sorry for rambling this were/are just my thoughts as I reflect....

Blessings,

Lori

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:53 am

Lori wotta lovely recollection of your wonderful experiences...please carry on with your fascinating stories....(you are not 'rambling')....we love to hear news and events and goings on at Holy Places.
God bless you and thanks again for thinkin of us
marie

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:32 pm

Lori, that was a beautiful and inspiring thought. It is a blessing to be able to carry another's cross, and what a beautiful way to remember it.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica