How cool is this!!

If you are a new member, please feel free to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

PamC

How cool is this!!

Post by PamC » Sun May 14, 2006 10:17 pm

I found this forum, in a round about way....I followed a link from Catholic Answers to a church in Greenville, Texas that has a Latin Novus Ordo Mass, and then from there followed a link to the pastors homilies, that lead me here...lol.. I look very much forward to getting to know ya'll, on this forum...Pam

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun May 14, 2006 10:45 pm

Hi Pam, so glad to have you here. Yes, Fr. Paul is awesome and a very holy priest. Have you seen the pictures at the web site of the Easter Altar? Also, after Mass tonight we had the last night of a 14 day rosary procession and i got some good pictures that I will put on the web site tomorrow.

We are like family here so just jump on in.

Blessings
Denise

PamC

Post by PamC » Mon May 15, 2006 12:00 am

Oh, thanks for the avatar!!! I was reading about the procession on the website, that sounds so awesome. How did it turn out? Yes, I saw the altar pics, they are very pretty....and it looks like ya'll achieved the Risen Lord, at the Garden Tomb...very nice.

I was reading about the "Come and stay all day", I believe that is what it is called...my husband and I look forward to coming and staying all day..lol...I would be down there next week, but my dad is having brain surgery tomorrow....so I might not be able to get away, for awhile. We live in Cooke County, just north of Denton....I think it would make a nice day trip, and sounds like it will be a wonderful experince....Pam

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon May 15, 2006 8:52 am

Pam, we will pray for your dad. St. Teresa of Avila would be the patron saint to have intercede for this.

Stay the Day is great. Bring a picnic lunch because after Mass those who are going to stay go to the cafeteria and eat together then go back into the Church for the Holy Hour, Benediction and Confessions if needed.

The procession was beautiful as always. The rosary was in spanish oe english or even latin if one wished. Our Lady of the Americas loves either. :wink:
Denise

PamC

Post by PamC » Mon May 15, 2006 10:35 pm

Denise wrote:Pam, we will pray for your dad. St. Teresa of Avila would be the patron saint to have intercede for this.

Stay the Day is great. Bring a picnic lunch because after Mass those who are going to stay go to the cafeteria and eat together then go back into the Church for the Holy Hour, Benediction and Confessions if needed.

The procession was beautiful as always. The rosary was in spanish oe english or even latin if one wished. Our Lady of the Americas loves either. :wink:
Denise
Is it kinda a potluck, or do we eat only the food we bring? I really look forward to this, is it every Sunday...or just certain Sundays?

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon May 15, 2006 11:49 pm

You just bring whatever you are going to have for you and your family, like a picnic. This is scheduled every Sunday just about. I think we don't do it like Easter and if Christmas falls on Sunday etc.

Blessings
Denise

PamC

Post by PamC » Tue May 16, 2006 10:39 am

Denise wrote:You just bring whatever you are going to have for you and your family, like a picnic. This is scheduled every Sunday just about. I think we don't do it like Easter and if Christmas falls on Sunday etc.

Blessings
Denise
This sounds great! I checked Mapquest....ya'll are about 84 miles from where I live, and my parents live in Honeygrove....so when I am over there...I won't be very far away at all.....looks like only 30 or so miles.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue May 16, 2006 11:40 am

Pam, sounds great. Let me know when you will be going and I would love to go at that time as well. We take Fr. Paul's mom to Mass every weekend so we go to whatever Mass she is feeling up to.

I know about the traveling. We live 45 miles from the Church but after you drive it long enough it seems shorter. We had to drive 40 miles to Mass when we lived in New Mexico. My husband drives there six days a week; he is the office manager. I guess the trip is getting really short for him. :lol:

God bless you
Denise

josephw
Prayer Warrior

PAM

Post by josephw » Tue May 16, 2006 12:32 pm

ALSO ON FIRST 2 MASSES ON SUNDAY WE HAVE 14 DOZEN DOUNTS TOAST JAM ETC..PLUS COFFEE SODAS AND KIDS DRINKS..
ALL FREE NO CHARGE..
JOSEPHW

PamC

Post by PamC » Tue May 16, 2006 12:55 pm

I must say, ya'll do sound like a very warm loving church! I do really look forward to attending...plus another thing that is so cool....is the fact, that ya'll have something going on all day on Sunday. Such a wonderful way to build community!

JeniR

Post by JeniR » Tue May 16, 2006 12:57 pm

Welcome Pam!!! I too attend Mass at Saint Williams. I attend the 11:30 Latin Mass. If you can make it please do!!

PamC

Post by PamC » Tue May 16, 2006 4:32 pm

I know I just got here, but I will be away for a few days. I will be at the VA Hospital with my dad....he has just be diagnosed with brain cancer. He might be released as early as Thursday, or as late as Monday...just depends on how he is doing.

Type at ya'll later :) I doubt I will be able to make it this Sunday, but hopefully the next one will workout. =...Peace be with you...Pam

PamC

I'm back

Post by PamC » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:19 am

I'm back, I have been away during my father's illness...sadly he passed away, a few weeks ago.

I look forward to getting to know all of ya'll...Peace be with you...Pam

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:48 am

Pam, welcome back! I am so sorry to hear about your dad. May God rest his soul and give comfort to your family. May I ask what day he passed away on?

Blessings
Denise

PamC

Post by PamC » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:11 am

Denise wrote:Pam, welcome back! I am so sorry to hear about your dad. May God rest his soul and give comfort to your family. May I ask what day he passed away on?

Blessings
Denise
Thank you so much...he died on August 9th.