Introduction

If you are a new member, please feel free to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

PeterSt

Introduction

Post by PeterSt » Sat May 28, 2005 3:43 pm

Dear Folks,

I am new on this forum and wish to introduce myself for those who don't know me, i.e., those who are not subbscribed to PetersVoice.

My name is Peter and my wife's name is Christine. We have five children who live invarious part of the country, Canada. I live in Victoria, the Capital of the Province of British Columbia, a small city on Vancouver Island. We retired here in 1996 because of the good climate, like so may other Canadians. I come originally from The Netherlands and my wife comes originally from Austria.

We left the Church gradually some thirty years ago and returned to the Catholic Church about six years ago. As a result our children are not church goers. :cry: They need a lot of prayers.

We are now devout Catholics and go to daily Mass when possible. We love EWTN, Fr. Corapi, Fr. Groeschel, etc. I rarely watch any other TV Channel since I don't like what they have to offer.

I have become a member of the Knights of Columbus and am quite active in this organization. My wife and I are also both working for our parish.

I guess that is enough for now.

God Bless,

PeterSt

josephw
Prayer Warrior

WELCOME

Post by josephw » Sat May 28, 2005 5:30 pm

A BIG TEXAS WELCOME PETER........

FROM BROTHER KNIGHT
JOSEPHW

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat May 28, 2005 6:18 pm

Hi Peter my dear friend! So glad that you introduced yourself. I am sure you will like it here because the same "wheat" are here that are on petersvoice email list. Glad to have on board another "grain" :wink:

Tell Christine that Beth and her hubby called me twice today from Florida, they are on vacation. They are doing so good. Also, Aniya's mommy called me this morning and wanted me to make an appointment for her to see Fr. Paul.....a big fish for him. Everytime I ask you and Christine for prayers, the earth moves. :D

Blessings
Denise

PeterSt

Post by PeterSt » Sat May 28, 2005 9:32 pm

Dear Friends,

Thank you Joseph, John and Denise, for welcoming me.

Joseph, my brother Knight, I would like to tell you that a week ago I received the Knight of the Year award from our council. That I consider a great honour. I am the lecturer of our Council and its Pro-Life Director. I organized a talk on Stem-cell research this spring by a microbiologist doctor. This was to make people in the parish aware of the distinction between the good stem cell research (on adult stem cells) and the bad (embryonic). This fall I am organzing and "End-of-Life Issues" seminar on behalf of the Knights. More on that another time.

It is sad to say that our past neglect of religion (I even became an agnostic) has send our children on the wrong road. They are all good kids but not religious, except for two who believe what they wish to believe. The oldest daughter, Trudy, is a leftist liberal professor who wrote me earlier this year that she is "Extremely Pro-Choice". So you see my family is in need of much prayer. Please remeber my children when you receive communion or go to adoration.

God Bless,

PeterSt

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Sun May 29, 2005 12:38 am

Welcome! I hear what you are saying about your children and I am reminded of St. Monica and her constant praying for St. Augustine. Don't loose hope and keep praying. All things are possible with God, and He yearns for their return to Him even more than you do. And since you asked, yes, I will pray for your children from time to time. :)
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

josephw
Prayer Warrior

PRAY PRAY PRAY

Post by josephw » Sun May 29, 2005 1:22 am

PETERST

I JUST FINISHED SAYING THE ROSARY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

OUR BLESSED MOTHER IN MOST ALL HER APPARATIONS HAS ONE
COMMON THEME (PRAY PRAY PRAY)

IT SEEMS WE HAVE A LOT IN COMMON.
I ALSO AM A 4TH DEGREE AND VERY ACTIVE IN OUR COUNCIL
HERE IN TEXAS.

I AM A BIG ADVOCATE OF DIVINE MERCY ..
I PRAY THE CHAPLET TWICE A DAY,HOWEVER THAT IS NOT ENOUGH
AS WE MUST PREFORM CORPORAL AND SPIRTUAL WORKS OF MERCY.
AND OUR K OF C COUNCIL IS VERY ACTIVE IN THAT REGARD.

SO VERY FEW ARE AWARE OF OUR ST. FAUSTINA IN HER
AUTOBIOGRPHY,THERE WAS A POINT IN HER LIFE WHERE
SHE WENT ON A NINE DAY NOVENA AND SAID 1000 HAIL MARYS
EACH DAY.
SO ANYWAY I KNOW THERE IS NOT MUCH I CAN DO FOR MY OWN FAMILY EXCEPT LOVE THEM AND PRAY FOR THEM.....YESTERDAY I FINISHED 9 DAYS OF 1000 HAILMARYS EACH
DAY.

JESUS I TRUST IN YOU
JOSEPHW

Lori

Post by Lori » Sun May 29, 2005 1:27 pm

Peter,

Hi Peter, I am the new moderator on the forum. I offered my reception of Holy Communion for your loved ones as well as many other intentions this morning at the 11:30 Mass. Even one little piece of that Holy Communion was the One Who created every thing. How wonderful to think about the awesomeness of the Blessed Sacrament this Feast of Corpus Christi.

In Jesu et Maria,

Lori

PeterSt

Post by PeterSt » Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:20 am

Dear Friends,

I thank all those who have responded to my introduction message and especially those who prayed for the conversion of my children. I have not been back to this forum for nearly three weeks since I am very busy.

I also am not used to this kind of forum where you have to log in to find out what has been posted on other topics.

This will be the last posting on this topic of Introduction for me. Then I hope to have a chance of interacting with some of you on other topics.

God Bless,

PeterSt.

PS In case you wonder why I am signing PeterSt and not PeterS is that the latter name was already taken.