Hi from Southwestern Louisiana

If you are a new member, please feel free to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:29 am

Hi Thomas, thank you for introducing yourself. Glad we finally got your registration straightened out.

Where in La. are you from? I was born in California because my dad was in the Marines, but I was raised in Louisiana, all over the place. I have relatives or friends in just about every area of the state. I am a die hard Saints and LSU fan, as well as a Dallas Stars Hockey fan. :)

God bless
Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

KarlB
Saint Finder

Post by KarlB » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:48 pm

Welcome aboard, Thomas. Those were interesting comments on lay deliverance ministry and exorcism.
pax lux,
karl

Remember that thou hast made me of clay; and wilt thou turn me to dust again? Job10:9

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:23 pm

Hello! It is great to see a new face! Jump right in and post along. :D
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:58 pm

Salutations Thomas,
welcome to this great forum :D

Supernatural Phenomenon has always been a fascinating subject for enquiiring minds.

Pray pray pray and persevere that all are delivered and stand worthy at the end....thats my motto (for the week :D)
cheers, God bless
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:54 pm

Thomas, I went to Lafayette Elementary in the 4th grade. I have lived all over La. in my life.

My dad is buried in Prairie Ronde at the Cursillo Center, Sacred Heart Church, just outside Opelousas. Mom is from Church Point and we are cousins, on mom's side of the family, to Charlene Marie Richard, Little Cajun Saint, who is buried in Richard.

It is always nice to have another Frenchman around. :lol:
I live next to the Atchafalaya Basin around Lafayette but in the country. Definitely a huge Catholic presence here because the Acadians who settled here left France for religious reasons.
My dad's family is from Paris, France, and mom's is French/Indian from Canada. I got slammed pretty good with the French side of all things :lol:

I have been to Ft. Polk. When I was in high school I lived in Tioga, La, an some of my friends and I went to a carnival there. I had never seen so many soldiers in one place before.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales