Hello to all

If you are a new member, please feel free to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

ElizabethS

Hello to all

Post by ElizabethS » Mon May 16, 2005 12:21 pm

My name is Elizabeth and I've only been around the forum for the last month or so. Thanks to my friend Meg who let me know about you. I really enjoy reading the postings but I'm not likely to post much myself. I guess that makes me a "lurker". I am a cradle Catholic who went to Catholic school (taught by nuns, no less) and I am only now realizing what a blessing that was/is as I struggle to teach my children (eight) and persevere in my faith.

I have been struggling for the last year with a cross that sometimes overwhelms me and my thought was that maybe some of you out there in the forum might have some insights or experiences that would help. My husband (also a cradle Catholic) decided last year that the visible Catholic church was so flawed that he could no longer remain part of it. He found a sedevacantist priest in E. Texas and said that was the only Mass our family would attend. He brought us the first time (he did not mention the sedevacantist position, at first) and the priest spent the entire sermon railing the pope, the church and everyone involved. Needless, to say I ended up taking the youngest out and staying out. Later, in the car I said I could not, ever leave the church. Now I attend my local parish with the baby and he takes the kids. This is my cross. Has anyone ever been in a situation like this or has anyone ever thought this way and come home to the church?

I am so glad that I found some like minded people and am glad to be here. And, by the way, Hi Lori. It's been a few years since we left Wylie but it's good to hear that you and all your farm animals are doing great. Thanks

Elizabeth

Lori

Post by Lori » Mon May 16, 2005 12:57 pm

Liz,

I will pray for you all. I will especially pray to Saint Joseph, he wants us all to have a holy family!!!

Father Paul's homily from last Sunday would be perfect for your husband to read, the one from the Ascension that was transferred to Sunday. Father Paul explains "full authority" really well.

Pax Christi,

Lori

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon May 16, 2005 1:02 pm

Hi Elizabeth, welcome. We are here for you and will help you any way we can. If you have a question or comment that you want a response to, just post it in the Issues of Concerns and we will all try our best to give a worthy reply.

Lurking is good! :wink:

Blessings
Denise

DiannaM

Post by DiannaM » Mon May 16, 2005 5:03 pm

I would really encourage your husband to make
an appointment with Fr. Paul about this.

Here is what has helped me.
Once while the disciples were crossing the Sea of Galilee a storm came up. So severe was it that the disciples thought they would drown. The Lord Jesus, meanwhile, slept on a cushion in thestem. They wakened Him: "Lord, save us! We are perishing!" He arose, quited the wind and waves, and rebuked His disciples for their lsck of faith (Matt.8:23-26)
Today it seems Our Lord is again sleeping. But He has not abandoned Peter's ship, the Church. He expects us to have faith in His promises, in His Church, in Himself. In due time He will calm the storm, and correct everything. Then His Church will shine forth again in all Her glory!

Sometimes we are tempted to disobey in order (the tempter suggests :evil: ) to achieve something notable. If we disobey, we soon find that the result of our disobedience is a pile of garbage. The end never justifies the means. God never rewards disobedience. God always punishes disobedience. If we obey, the worthwhile end we seek is often achieved some other way.

All authority comes from God. To respect authority, regardless of the frail humans who excerise it, is to reverence God. It is characteristic of Christians that they obey the lawful commands of lawful authority. God wills it so.

Dóminus vobíscum,
Dianna M.

ElizabethS

Post by ElizabethS » Tue May 17, 2005 8:58 am

Thank you Dianna M,

That said what I believe much better than I could have. I have asked him to talk to several priests but he does not trust anyone but those who agree with him. Even my children see the danger in this belief that we should trust no one but ourselves (I am reminded that even Martin Luther had some good points but that make what he did right either). At this point I am relying on prayer. It is so bad that only God can correct his thinking. Thank you for your wonderful post.

ElizabethS