Hello from Western North Carolina

If you are a new member, please feel free to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

AndrewD

Hello from Western North Carolina

Post by AndrewD » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:40 pm

Greetings to all. My name is Andrew and I live in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina (Diocese of Charlotte). I found Semper Fi by browsing the internet and am happy to be here. I was born Episcopalian but grew up going to Catholic school so that was (Thank God) the first seed of my conversion. Four years ago, when I was living in Philadelphia, I officially converted through the RCIA program at the Cathedral Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul. My pilgrimage to Fatima in 2007 was the third step in my conversion and I thank God every day to be in full communion with the Church Jesus Himself founded. I'm very much a traditionalist who loves Pope Benedict and prays daily for his intentions. I made the mistake of going to Medjugorje last year but, things happen for a reason and I sometimes wonder if my going there (and quickly noticing the true lack of grace) was a blessing? Personally, I believe that things are happening there but they are Satanic deceptions much like Garabandal. We were warned about false apparitions by Our Lady of La Salette and there is no question in my mind that that's what going on in Medjugorje. I ask all of you to pray with me for those well meaning Catholics who are taking Medjugorje seriously.
Pray for us oh holy Mother of God, that we may be worthy of the promises of Christ.

JeniR

Post by JeniR » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:53 pm

Welcome Andrew!! So glad you are here and thank you for introducing yourself.
And so , with every beat of my heart, I thank You, my God, for your great mercy towards me.~Saint Faustina~

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Hi Andrew...welcome! It is good to see you posting.

My husband is a convert and was raised Episcopalian as well. When he met me he started attending Mass and reading from my dad's library, bought a Rosary and bingo...he said he knew this was the One True Church.

I love the mountains and you are blessed to live in them. I guess they are covered in snow? I have only been in the mountains from Arkansas, west to California.

I am glad you went to Medj. and found out for yourself that it is false. Had you not gone, you may be involved in it and that would not be a good thing. It seems that people who are up to their necks in it will not listen to reason or even the bishop. Makes me wonder how many will not listen to the pope if he makes a public statement to the Church.

Anyway.........so happy you have joined us. Make yourself at home here and just jump right in.

God bless you
Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:33 pm

Welcome, welcome! It sounds to me like you have found a little home on the internet here. It also sounds like perhaps God led you to Medjugore to see the real truth there so you could share it with others. Don't be afraid to jump in and post. We're a friendly bunch. :)
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica