Hello to All!!!

If you are a new member, please feel free to introduce yourself here.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

Hello to All!!!

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:25 pm

I just want to say a quick hello to all of you. My mothers is Denise and she has yet again encouraged me to join this site to learn what I need to know to rejoin the Catholic Church. I have not attended church in quite some time, except for special occasions and so forth. I have finally made a decision in my life in what is right, what I need to do for my daughter and I, and most importantly for my soul.

Mom, any direction you could give me on where to go to really learn again everything I need to know I would really appreciate it!

God Bless,

Stephanie

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:34 pm

Hi Steph! Glad to see you back. You started off on the right foot today by attending Mass. Get involved with some of the programs at St. Ann's and things will fall into place. Maybe the first step is to "hit the box", examine your conscience and go to Confession. Go several times until you have unloaded everything off your soul. Just tell the priest that it has been a long time, ask him for help in your confessions and it will be a breeze. There is not one thing they haven't heard, believe me.

Go here for a good tool for examining your conscience.
http://semperficatholic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53

If you need questions answered just ask them here because there are a lot of smart and holy people here.

love you
Mom

DiannaM

Post by DiannaM » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:42 pm

Hello Stephanie! Glad you are here.

Blessings,
Dianna

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:49 pm

Thanks!!!! How long have you been a part of this site?

Stephanie

DiannaM

Post by DiannaM » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:09 pm

I joined the previous forum in the summer 2004. Then when Denise got her own forum this year, I joined the middle of May.
This forum is a great place to ask questions and stay informed. The biggest difference between this forum and the others out there is we have Fr. Paul's homilies.

Blessings,

Dianna

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:29 pm

Hello Stephanie. It warms my heart to see you back. I was raised protestant, and pray for my family to become catholic whenever I can. They are not anti-catholic per se, yet it pains me that they don't have the fullness of truth. Especially that they do not know Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. The Gift of Jesus in the Eucharist is such a wonderful and miraculous thing. Now that you're comming back to Him, place that Gift in your heart and never let it go again.

God bless,
Johnna
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:37 pm

Thank you...I have a lot to re-learn. It's going to be a hard journey and I honestly don't know where to start. Well I do because I'm starting to go to Church again.

I actually enjoy it now. I used to not because I think something had a hold of my heart and wouldn't let me see....I wouldn't let myself see.

Any ideas where I should start would be greatly appreciated!!!!! :D

Lori

Post by Lori » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:08 pm

Stephanie,

It was great meeting you and I am so happy to see you here. If there is something that I can do to help you just PM me.

Blessings,

Lori

June D

Where should you start?

Post by June D » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:10 am

Any ideas where I should start would be greatly appreciated!!!!! Is what you ask... How about the Rosary? :P Welcome back!! God Bless You!!!

Johnna

Re: Where should you start?

Post by Johnna » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:40 pm

June D wrote:Any ideas where I should start would be greatly appreciated!!!!! Is what you ask... How about the Rosary? :P Welcome back!! God Bless You!!!
June is right. When I was considering becomming Catholic, it was mostly because the person I was dating at the time was Catholic. He was concerned about my lack (at the time) of Christianity, and since I had been raised protestant, I wanted to learn about the church he was raised in.

We would find a nice place outside in nature (he knew how far to give in to me on that stuf...) and we'd go there and pray the rosary. We did this on a daily basis, praying one set of mysteries a day. That really started things rolling for me, Mother Mary has been more than good to me, and I believe it all started with the rosary.

My added advice to you is not just pray the rosary, but get into a routine, where the rosary is worked into your every day life. Make it as much a part of your life as brushing your teeth or taking a shower. Mother Mary, and her spouse the Holy Spirit will take over from there and the graces will flow.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:13 pm

what if I only shower and brush my teeth once a week? hehee J/K! :lol:

I will try this! Thanks...

Stephanie

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:12 pm

The Rosary is what set my husband on the road to conversion, I mean a true conversion. He'd already agreed to go to the Catholic Church but just going to be there is lame. we were married three weeks and he wanted to buy a Rosary. That about did it. Then he wanted to be a REAL Catholic and he is about as devout as any cradle Catholic there is.
what if I only shower and brush my teeth once a week? hehee J/K!
What a laugh, if you say the Rosary for every time you bathe or shower, you will be saying three a day. All three of my girls are MISS CLEAN! Nothing wrong with that now that THEY are paying their own water bills. :lol: :wink:

Denise(mom)

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:41 pm

i do not pay a water bill! :lol:
sooooooooooooo

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:53 pm

Oh, that is right....the complex does...poor owner! :lol: